Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2008 10:15:15 -0700
From: Vincent Danen <vdanen@...sec.ca>
To: oss-security@...ts.openwall.com
Cc: Jim Meyering <jim@...ering.net>

* [2008-02-19 08:47:01 -0500] Josh Bressers wrote:

>> Thanks for setting up this list.
>> It sounds like what I've been looking for.
>>
>> I've skimmed the archives and looked through the wiki,
>> but didn't find a subscription-request procedure, so maybe
>> this will do.
>>
>> I tend the upstream GNU coreutils and am co-maintainer of gnulib
>> automake, autoconf, and a few others.
>
>We don't really have a policy at this point.  I work with Jim, I'd say we
>should subscribe him.  His insight would likely be useful.
>
>I'm thinking the official subscription procedure should just be to mail the
>list, and as long as nobody has a good reason not to, let them in.

I agree.  That should probably be added on the charter page that a
simple introductory email requesting subscription should suffice (i.e.
indicate who you are and what you're involved with).

Since folks like Jim are exactly the type of people we want on the list,
we need to make the process fairly simple (and fast, if possible) to
prevent turning people off.

--
Vincent Danen @ http://linsec.ca/