Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2023 00:57:34 +0000
From: "zhoujingqiang (A)" <zhoujingqiang1@...wei.com>
To: "musl@...ts.openwall.com" <musl@...ts.openwall.com>
CC: liudongxu <liudongxu3@...wei.com>, "Yulu(Brooklyn,RTOS)"
	<yulu20@...wei.com>, Nixiaoming <nixiaoming@...wei.com>, Wangxu
	<wangxu72@...wei.com>, qiuguorui <qiuguorui1@...wei.com>, "wangyunhe (A)"
	<wangyunhe@...wei.com>
Subject: MAXNS should be increased

Hello,

Currently, MAXNS is set to 3 which limits the number of nameserver. It is not enough to meet most people's requirements for private DNS servers. In my scenario, my client needs to access the networks of six companies. Each company provides active/standby servers to obtain private domain names. Three DNS servers are far from enough.

Expect to increase MAXNS to 12

Glibc has similar open bug[1]. The concern is that changing MAXNS would cause an ABI break. Musl does not have this problem since __res_state is stub.
[1]: https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=998211

I am not subscribed and want to be Cc'd on replies, thanks.

Content of type "text/html" skipped