Date: Mon, 1 Aug 2022 20:46:02 +0200
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: announce@...ts.openwall.com, lkrg-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: LKRG 0.9.5

Hi,

For those new to LKRG, it is a kernel module that performs runtime
integrity checking of the Linux kernel and detection of security
vulnerability exploits against the kernel.

We've just released LKRG 0.9.5, available on the LKRG project website:

https://lkrg.org

The following major changes have been made between LKRG 0.9.4 and 0.9.5:

 *) Support new longterm kernels 5.10.133+
 *) Rework the logic supporting OverlayFS (notably used by Docker) to support
    a wider variety of kernel versions and builds

We're making this release so unexpectedly soon after the previous one
because the longterm kernel 5.10.133 came out with a back-port that LKRG
0.9.4 did not expect in that kernel series.  Now we've included not only
an updated kernel version check, but also logic to detect another part
of the same change set, so will _hopefully_ support future back-ports of
the same "problematic" (for us) change to even older longterm branches
without us having to make even more LKRG releases for those.  We'll see.

Other than that, not many changes this time:

$ git diff --shortstat v0.9.4..v0.9.5
$ git shortlog -sn v0.9.4..v0.9.5
     6  Solar Designer
     1  Adam 'pi3' Zabrocki