Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2021 22:21:22 +0200
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: announce@...ts.openwall.com, lkrg-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: LKRG 0.9.1

Hi,

For those new to LKRG, it is a kernel module that performs runtime
integrity checking of the Linux kernel and detection of security
vulnerability exploits against the kernel.

We've just released LKRG 0.9.1, now available at the usual location:

https://www.openwall.com/lkrg/

The following major changes have been made between LKRG 0.9.0 and 0.9.1:

 *) Support CONFIG_HAVE_STATIC_CALL on Linux 5.10+
 *) Fix SELinux integrity violation false positive bug (introduced into LKRG in
    March 2021 and manifesting itself on Linux 4.17+ when SELinux is already in
    enforcing mode when LKRG is loaded)
 *) Improve systemd service and its installation, add /etc/sysctl.d/lkrg.conf
 *) Add the debian/ directory in order to support the Debian build system based
    on pbuilder/dpkg-buildpackage

This is primarily a bug fix release, most notably addressing the SELinux
support bug mentioned in the change log above.  Besides the major
changes listed above, also included are many minor changes to improve
user experience.  Several of the changes are prompted by the review of
LKRG 0.9.0 at LinuxReviews.org, as well as by other user feedback.

Unfortunately, with this release LKRG became larger.  Most of the extra
lines come from the added debian/ directory, but there are many added
lines of code too, for CONFIG_HAVE_STATIC_CALL support on Linux 5.10+.

$ git diff --shortstat v0.9.0..v0.9.1

Several people contributed to this release directly:

$ git shortlog -s v0.9.0..v0.9.1
     4  Adam 'pi3' Zabrocki
     2  Mikhail Morfikov
    12  Solar Designer
     2  Vitaly Chikunov
     1  Vladimir D. Seleznev

As usual so far, the key changes in this release are Adam's.  Mikhail
contributed the debian/ directory.  (My commits, while more numerous,
are mostly for trivial and cosmetical changes.)

As usual, we welcome any feedback on lkrg-users.

Alexander