Date: Thu, 3 Dec 2020 07:57:48 +0100
From: Adam Zabrocki <pi3@....com.pl>
To: lkrg-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Corrupted 'off' flag

Hi

Sorry for late reply. However, I've been working on adding a new debugging
logic to the LKRG code.
I have a few questions:
 - Do you have any ftrace* related tools which might run in the background?
Especially, around the time when you see that problem? It could be any perf*
tool as well since they are using tracing infrastructure under the hood
 - New LKRG's debugging infrastructure can independently track state for each
process. However, it requires a lot more memory. If you are willing to enable
it, it will produce much more useful information which I can use. To be able to
do it, please uncomment the following definition in the file:

  "src/modules/print_log/p_lkrg_log_level_shared.h"
  /* Do we want to precisely track changes of 'off' flag per each process?
   * If yes, uncomment it here */
  #define P_LKRG_TASK_OFF_DEBUG

 - If you have anough resource and sucessfully load such build of LKRG, you
should see more debug information in the logs when such problem appears.

The newest Linux kernel changed the behavior of KPROBES and FTRACE and I'm
actively researching these changes. It is worth to note that if FTRACE is being
disabled e.g. via /proc/sys/kernel/ftrace_enabled it can affect KPROBES as
well. Some tools heavily using such interface.

Thanks,
Adam

--
pi3 (pi3ki31ny) - pi3 (at) itsec pl