Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2020 00:22:20 +0200
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: lkrg-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: kernel: BUG: unable to handle page fault for address: ffffffffab42fee7

On Sun, Jul 19, 2020 at 07:28:47PM +0200, Mikhail Morfikov wrote:
> I wanted to play with KVM, and it looks like that LKRG has some issues with it.
> After typing the following command in a terminal:
>
> # virsh net-start default
>
> I got this:
>
> kernel: virbr0: port 1(virbr0-nic) entered blocking state
> kernel: virbr0: port 1(virbr0-nic) entered disabled state
> kernel: device virbr0-nic entered promiscuous mode
> kernel: [p_lkrg] Blocked usermodehelper execution of [/sbin/bridge-stp]

What is your value of lkrg.umh_validate?  We have /sbin/bridge-stp on
LKRG's list of allowed program pathnames, so perhaps you altered this
setting to completely disallow UMH (lkrg.umh_validate=2)?  If so, for
your use you'll want to revert to our default (lkrg.umh_validate=1).

The rest of what you see is a result of LKRG's UMH blocking being
incompatible with recent Linux's CPA.  Thank you for reporting this.

Alexander