Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2020 19:03:06 +0200
From: Mikhail Morfikov <mmorfikov@...il.com>
To: lkrg-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: RE: ISRA optimized functions

On 12/06/2020 16:07, Adam Zabrocki wrote:
> As you can see, even CONFIG_CC_OPTIMIZE_FOR_PERFORMANCE is configured, so this
> is "lowlatency" kernel, and CONSTPROP optimization is enforced in various
> places (590 funtions was optimized using this method), function "lookup_fast"
> is not touched. This is Ubuntu 20.xx kernel package.
> The main reason why you have that problem is unusual and specific kernel
> configuration which allows for such optimization.

But the kernel config I have is the same I had with gcc9 -- nothing has changed
here, and in the case of gcc9 I also have lookup_fast without the constprop,
which I already mentioned. So something has changed in gcc10 itself, and I don't
know what that would be. Maybe you could try building a kernel with gcc10 and
check whether you also have this issue? In this way we could confirm that
there's a problem with gcc10.

Download attachment "signature.asc" of type "application/pgp-signature" (229 bytes)