Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2019 21:40:38 +0200
From: Adam Zabrocki <pi3@....com.pl>
To: lkrg-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: LKRG 0.7 CI & ED bypass

> CI timer is a periodic job with 15 seconds period by default so I don???t see the reason why
> it isn???t possible to launch the exploit when CI is not yet started. Lucky you, but it works
> well on my VM :-)

CI is not only triggered on timer. I've made a test where I've completely
disabled timer, and still LKRG's CI was able to catch that. Mostly, because
LKRG's CI can also be executed on the random events in the system which are
generated by the nature of the bug.

Nevertheless, I've tried to reproduce your environment by disabling SMEP,
disabling CI timer and also disabling CI on random events in the system. I
still was not able to reproduce your bypass instead I'm getting critical kernel
panic (usually fatal exception in interrupt). Can you share a screenshot from
your tests where LKRG is running?

Thanks,
Adam

--