Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2019 21:39:11 +0100
From: Adam Zabrocki <pi3@....com.pl>
To: lkrg-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: [feature] for LKRG - ban user.

Hey,

Thanks for the email. It's an interesting feature and we believe it should be
on our roadmap. Nevertheless, there are a few caveats. E.g. LKRG doesn't have
any knowledge who did corruption but where corruption happens. You can imagine
that attacker might corrupt some process owned by other user (e.g. admin user)
and LKRG would block an access to the administrator instead of the real
attacker. We can mitigate it by whitelisting root user by default (UID 0).
Additionally, we might add a customization of what range of UIDs might/should
be whitelisted - if needed.
Anyway, I can't provide you any timelines for that since we have other tasks
which has higher priority now.

Thanks,
Adam

 On Mon, Mar 25, 2019 at 07:43:47PM +0100,
bryn1u85

--
pi3 (pi3ki31ny) - pi3 (at) itsec pl
http://pi3.com.pl