Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2018 03:51:36 +0100
From: Adam Zabrocki <pi3@....com.pl>
To: lkrg-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: insmod: ERROR: could not insert module p_lkrg.ko:
 No buffer space available

On Tue, Dec 18, 2018 at 09:03:44PM +0100, bryn1u85 wrote:
> hey guys,
>
> I recompiled kernel to kernel-4.19.10. After that im trying to run lkrg but
> im getting errors like below:
>

> [root@...alhost output]# insmod p_lkrg.ko
> insmod: ERROR: could not insert module p_lkrg.ko: No buffer space available
> [root@...alhost output]#
>
> [   97.954081] p_lkrg: loading out-of-tree module taints kernel.
> [   97.954346] p_lkrg: module verification failed: signature and/or
> required key missing - tainting kernel
> [   97.955845] [p_lkrg] Loading LKRG...
> [   97.990086] [p_lkrg] Can't initialize exploit detection features!
> Exiting...
> [root@...alhost output]#
>
> What can i do in this situation ?
> Thanks !

Hi,

I believe you've already asked the same question a few times.
Alexander replied to you here:

https://www.openwall.com/lists/lkrg-users/2018/12/06/1

Additionally, that can be useful for you too:

https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-p-8247498.html?sid=72c22d571ef610bb77a41150177a2939#8247498

In short:

"For the future reference, if you would like to know why LKRG fails
initialization you can try this simple scenario:
LKRG module has a parameter p_init_log_level which defines default log_level
which is going to be used during initialization. You can read more about
log_level option (and in general about communication channel) here:

https://openwall.info/wiki/p_lkrg/Examples#Communication-channel

In short it might be a number between 0-4 or 0-6 (if debugging compilation was
used). If LKRG fails initialization I'm suggesting to use at least
number 4 for this parameter (e.g. # insmod p_lkrg.ko p_init_log_level=4). It
will give more information about the root of the problem. If debug option is
enabled number 5 and 6 is also available but you need to be carefully using it
to not spam the kernel with too many logs."

Thanks,
Adam

--
pi3 (pi3ki31ny) - pi3 (at) itsec pl