Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2023 11:19:16 -0700
From: Paul Eggert <eggert@...ucla.edu>
To: libc-coord@...ts.openwall.com, enh <enh@...gle.com>
Subject: Re: thread-safe localtime() for an arbitrary timezone

On 6/14/23 11:06, enh wrote:
> is anyone aware of any standardization work in this area? i know netbsd
> has tzalloc()/localtime_rz()/tzfree() (and tzcode has implementations), but
> they're the only ones who've shipped anything, right? and there's no
> in-progress work on any alternative?

On my long list of things to do has been to implement the tzcode API in
glibc. Nothing publishable, alas.

The tzcode API differs slightly from NetBSD's with, as I recall, the
blessing of the NetBSD implementer in question, so I hope it would be a
better point of departure. (Also on my list of things to do is to merge
tzcode's back into NetBSD....)