Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2022 11:34:08 -0800
From: Keith Packard <keithp@...thp.com>
To: Sebastian Huber <sebastian.huber@...edded-brains.de>,
 libc-coord@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Constructors/destructors for thread-local objects?

Sebastian Huber <sebastian.huber@...edded-brains.de> writes:

> This would need to to be split up into thread-local object destructors
> which are get pulled in if the application references the corresponding
> object.

My point is that the picolibc TLS design doesn't need any destructors
for the library as there is no cleanup required, other than freeing the
TLS block itself. As that appears to be commonly stored in the thread
stack area, the OS will handle that naturally as part of thread
termination.

--
-keith

Download attachment "signature.asc" of type "application/pgp-signature" (833 bytes)