Date: Sat, 29 Aug 2020 16:16:41 +0200
From: Owein Douard <yvain29@...il.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: rain mode

Hello, I' still facing a problem with the interrupt/restore.
When I hit ctrl+c or q it says 'Wait...' but will not stop running until I
do it a second time.
I want to solve this because even if you are not willing to pull the fork
now, it should be available on my repo.
I'd make a note on the readme of my original software saying to use john
instead, and then we'd have plenty of time to sort out
what is the best thing to do concerning a solid implementation (it's twice
as slow as subsets, eight times slower than incremental) into
your repository, if you are ok with that.

Let me know about that bug I'm facing if you have an idea of what's going
on.
Cheers.

On Sat, Aug 29, 2020 at 10:39 AM Owein Douard <yvain29@...il.com> wrote:

> Very well, what do you mean by an external mode ?
> Owein.
>
> Le 29 août 2020 9:40 AM, "Solar Designer" <solar@...nwall.com> a écrit :
>
>> On Fri, Aug 28, 2020 at 12:13:27PM -1000, Owein Douard wrote:
>> > I think I got a little excited in my last messages, I don't want to let
>> it
>> > impact upon the alorithm that I found, which I consider to be a treasure
>> > that belongs to many people whom I crossed path with.
>>
>> That sounds more than a little excited. ;-)
>>
>> > And especially my relatives, I am going to work on my fork so that you
>> can
>> > just clone it, compile it, and see.
>> >
>> > As for now I managed to use the nodes so option -fork is good.
>> > I need to get the restore mode working and then I'll makena pull request
>> > and leave the rest to you.
>>
>> I'd like to see this implemented as an external mode first, with the
>> algorithm cleanly seen from the implementation, then see if it's worth
>> having it built-in or not.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Alexander

Content of type "text/html" skipped