Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2017 07:00:02 -0600
From: jfoug <jfoug@...nwall.net>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: aix 5 compilation

On 11/29/2017 6:38 AM, Solar Designer wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 28, 2017 at 11:02:22PM +0100, altr@...2.de wrote:
>> by compiling jtr on an old AIX 5.3 machine (sigh, for compat reasons, ...):
>>
>> 1) there is a conflict for int64, renamed it to jtrint64.
> JtR core tree already includes this workaround in math.h:
>
> #undef int64
> #define int64 _john_int64_t
>
> Somehow jumbo has this instead:
>
> #undef int64
> #define int64 _john_int64_composite
>
> So it turns out these are insufficient, because AIX header files that we
> sometimes (indirectly) include (at least in jumbo) after having already
> included our math.h try to refer to AIX's own int64, but instead hit our
> workaround macro.
>
> I'll need to fix this in the core tree to avoid unnecessary differences
> between it and jumbo.

WHY are we not simply using int64_t and be done with it.  So instead of
doing it the right way (replacing all the int64 crap with proper
values), are we simply going to keep chasing our tails???  Building our
own non standard types is so '90s  (lol) and gets us in trouble time and
time again......    Just saying.