Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2016 23:14:47 +0200
From: Lukas Odzioba <lukas.odzioba@...il.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Intel KNL test machine

> Yes, thanks.  Lukas already ran some benchmarks on a similar device, but
> I think he never published those, in part because the descrypt ones were
> for AVX2 rather than AVX-512.

I think I can find some spare time this weekend to try to fix code,
rerun my tests
and post results, unless Lei wants to do this - which I don't mind :)

Have in mind that AVX512 there is a different set of instructions from
those on KNC,
so it's better to use some recent compiler. Also Linux kernel must
support avx512,
which you can check via $ cat /proc/cpuinfo | grep -i avx512
There should be avx512f, avx512pf, avx512cd, avx512er extensions.

Thanks,
Lukas