Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2015 14:39:45 +0300
From: Aleksey Cherepanov <lyosha@...nwall.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Re: ztex 1.15y boards, pre-development

Katja,

On Sun, Sep 27, 2015 at 10:41:21PM +0300, Aleksey Cherepanov wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 27, 2015 at 03:03:34AM +0300, Aleksey Cherepanov wrote:
> > I think, I got how to bypass it: read 5 times and skip results from
> > first 4 times. Also there is a difference: with wrong data I got 32
> > bytes back, while good data come in 34 bytes "packet".
>
> I found why there is additional word that causes 34 bytes instead of
> 32: you check cnt >= 16 while you need cnt >= 15 because you already
> read 16 words at cnt == 15.

I played a bit and made a slightly different bitstream: it reads only
once and writes back only once too. The code is in attach.

There are problems:

- first time after power cycle it gives zeros, I use workaround: I
upload bitstream twice, then it works correctly even for the first run
of transfer_data

- I tried to make reads to return without data after the first one,
but it is not stable: sometimes I get "got 0 bytes back" (desired),
but sometimes it sticks with error "Error reading data: No error".

I removed cnt <= 0 on RESET. Otherwise the work is repeated on each
write even in 1 execution of transfer_data.

I think you messed up work with SLOE, SLRD, SLWR and PKTEND control
signals. I found a document that describes them:

http://www.cypress.com/file/4455144551

"SLRD pin should be asserted by the master to read data from the FIFO."
"SLWR pin should be asserted by the master to write data to the FIFO."
"SLOE: This is the enable signal for the FIFO's output driver."
"FIFOADR[1:0] These signals select the active endpoint."

I changed this a bit in your code. My code does not really match
states described in the document. Also I modified meaning of cnt:
0-14: write into fifo
  15: write into fifo and set PKTEND, bump cnt to 16
  16: disable sending, do nothing

I don't fully understand all signals yet: I've found some values for
signals by trial and error while they differ from my expectations
based on the documentation. Anyway I hope it gives ideas how to
proceed.

Thanks!

--
Regards,
Aleksey Cherepanov

View attachment "intraffic.v" of type "text/plain" (3059 bytes)

View attachment "transfer_data.c" of type "text/x-csrc" (5307 bytes)