Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2015 22:07:47 +0300
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Judy array

On Tue, Sep 15, 2015 at 08:58:10PM +0200, Frank Dittrich wrote:
> With a large list of hashes and a large pot file, you have quite some
> time loading hashes plus quite some time comparing against pot file
> hashes, even though the log file is showing the "Loaded a total of", the
> "Sorting salts, for performance" and "Remaining " lines and so on (until
> a "Rule #1:" line, i.e., including the parsing of rules) with a
> "0:00:00:00" time stamp.
>
> We should try to fix that.

The 0 timestamp at start of cracking is on purpose.  Should we log
increasing timestamps first, then reset to 0 at start of cracking
anyway?  That would be weird.

And we can't log negative timestamps leading to 0 at the start of
cracking since we don't know how long the loading will take in advance.

Alexander