Date: Mon, 7 Sep 2015 10:15:54 -0500
From: JimF <jfoug@....net>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: SIMD_PARA_SHA256

On 9/7/2015 4:39 AM, Solar Designer wrote:
> Yes. We don't currently have another XOP machine to test on, and I
> think not much changed since Bulldozer. Also, I think AMD's
> APU-specific microarchitectures don't have XOP, but I might be wrong.
>> Do you have some gcc-4.9 for bull already built that we could try too?

My laptop is listed as AMD A8-4500M APU with Radeon.....   It is a dual
core HT, but the HT seems to not work as well here as in other HT boxes.
However, it is XOP, and seems to be a pretty good XOP. It's only 1.9GH,
but for some things, it keeps up with the Haswell. If you factor in
128bit vs 256 bit, they run pretty even, even on the hashes that scream
on the AVX2 box.

I can back validate findings made on other XOP boxes.