Date: Sun, 6 Sep 2015 12:02:07 -0500
From: JimF <jfoug@....net>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Large stack alignment

I fixed things here.  We still must use mem_align(), but now it is a
define macro, using no writes to memory variables to do this 'magic'.
Just simply pointer readjustment

Here is the macro:

#define mem_align(a,b)
(void*)(((char*)(a))+(((b)-1)-(((size_t)((char*)(a))-1)&((b)-1))))

Now to align, just build a buffer that contains align_wanted extra bytes:

unsigned long _buf[whatever_size + (SIMD_ALIGN)/sizeof(unsigned long)];

then use the macro;
unsigned long *buf = mem_alloc(_buf, SIMD_ALIGN);

buf will be properly aligned somewhere in the range of _buf to
&((char*)_buf)[0] +SIMD_COEF