Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2015 15:03:28 +0300
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: raw-sha256-opencl, raw-sha512-opencl, xsha512-opencl

Claudio, magnum -

The attached patch fixes the "max. length in index 1: wrote 55, got 55
back" self-test error seen after auto-tuning.  I didn't test actual
cracking with these formats after applying that patch - we should.

Another known issue with these formats is that they implement on-GPU
hash comparison using linear search.  So when cracking a large number of
hashes at once, they actually became a lot slower than what we had before
(with computed partial hashes transferred to host).  In a private e-mail
exchange, Claudio said he'll eventually correct this.  I am merely
documenting it on john-dev since I am posting about these formats anyway.

Alexander

View attachment "john-opencl-rawsha2-fix1.diff" of type "text/plain" (753 bytes)