Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2015 16:46:36 -0500
From: JimF <jfoug@....net>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: New single mode rules

On Mon, 24 Aug 2015 16:41:31 -0500, Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
wrote:

> On Mon, Aug 24, 2015 at 09:55:09AM -0500, JimF wrote:
>> I have added this new block to the single rules.
>
> Thank you, Jim!  For further occasions, I think the topic of new rules
> and similar belongs to john-users, and shouldn't be limited to john-dev.
>
> john-dev is for work on JtR source code, whereas rules are end-user
> editable configuration, even if sometimes non-trivial.  I think some
> folks on john-users would play with the added rules right away.
>
> Alexander

I understand Alexander, I just wanted to get developer feedback to make
sure
things were 'solid' before listing this to the users group.  Frank helped
a great deal, getting this working better. I have just uploaded the full
block again, and will be posting this information to the users list. I am
not the best at the rules. I can usually put something together, but often
it is far from optimal.  I doubt these are optimal, but they do seem to
work
fairly well.

Jim.