Date: Sat, 22 Aug 2015 23:30:59 +0300
From: Shinnok <admin@...nnok.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: *2john conversion support

> On Aug 22, 2015, at 1:17 AM, jfoug@....net wrote:
>
> On Fri, 21 Aug 2015 16:34:35 -0500, Mathieu Laprise <mathlaprise@...il.com> wrote:
>
>> I think that some scripts like sshng return SUCCESS and print errors on
>> stdout. This makes it hard for CLI like Johnny. I think that all scripts
>> should print errors to stderr and when an error happens like file not
>> found, not a valid file etc.. return 1. I've seen several 2*john script
>> doing that correctly.
>
> Please list which ones, and list the problems and we will get them uniform.

Shameless plug,

As mentioned in an earlier e-mail, this could be an excellent task for a future GSoC'er, lots of work to be done:

1. Adhere to a common input/output format;
2. Convert to single scripting language or two at most;
3. Test all of them, fix issues and bring up to current file/container format specs;
4. Extend, add more supported formats;
5. Write some documentation;

Shinnok