Date: Fri, 21 Aug 2015 12:08:30 +0300
From: Shinnok <admin@...nnok.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Unix question

> On Aug 20, 2015, at 11:14 PM, Lukas Odzioba <lukas.odzioba@...il.com> wrote:

>> I take the *2john scripts from john/run/ dir and execute them from Johnny in
>> a nice UI. So if john builds them "execute enabled", I'll be okay.
>
> Do you use glibc's system() for that purpose?

Mathieu,

The suggested approach, which is potentially more robust, would be to use:

void QProcess::start(const QString & command, OpenMode mode = ReadWrite)

like so:

process.start("python 7z2john.py arg1 arg2");

This ensures we call the python interpreter with the script as an argument. This takes the load off a couple issues with the x bit and shebang line. This also has the potential of being more effective on Windows.

Shinnok