Date: Thu, 20 Aug 2015 17:07:57 +0800
From: Kai Zhao <loverszhao@...il.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: test vectors (Re: FMT_OMP_BAD)

On Wed, Aug 19, 2015 at 10:21 AM, Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 18, 2015 at 09:17:46PM -0500, jfoug@....net wrote:
>> A lot of these are pretty easy to make, with the
>> -form='dynamic=expr(EEE),debug' method.
>
> Yes, and this would be better than nothing, but ideally we'd use test
> vectors from external sources or produced by other implementations than
> what we have in JtR.
>
> Thanks for the hint, Jim!  Kai can definitely use this for now.

I add some test vectors:

https://github.com/magnumripper/JohnTheRipper/pull/1690
https://github.com/magnumripper/JohnTheRipper/commit/c6fcae717fe22350f42d236fc6d106a0024e9d01
https://github.com/magnumripper/JohnTheRipper/commit/e995d1ca567a77a9904b7869187b74f7c940477b
https://github.com/magnumripper/JohnTheRipper/commit/7fdd0ea6bdf574ea28508c597468034530b22b64

But there are also some formats which set FMT_OMP_BAD
that I failed to create test vectors:

Blackberry-ES10, cloudkeychain, dmd5, fde, keystore, krb5-18, LUKS,
OpenBSD-SoftRAID, Oracle12C, pomelo, Snefru-128, Snefru-256

Thanks,

Kai