Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2015 10:02:07 +0800
From: Lei Zhang <zhanglei.april@...il.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Lei's weekly report #15

> On Aug 12, 2015, at 2:39 AM, magnum <john.magnum@...hmail.com> wrote:
>
> On 2015-08-10 18:27, Lei Zhang wrote:
>> I'm still struggling to make episerver work with the SIMD SHA1/2 functions. Magnum, could you take a look at my code?
>> 	https://github.com/zzlei/JohnTheRipper/blob/sha2/src/episerver_fmt_plug.c <https://github.com/zzlei/JohnTheRipper/blob/sha2/src/episerver_fmt_plug.c>
>> I've been tweaking this file hard, but there's still something wrong. Maybe you can notice some obvious mistake in it (?)
>
> Attached is a diff against your repo that fixes the problems. There were a few minor (but very effective) bugs and I did a few other changes for clarity. Try to understand the bug fixes fully.

Thanks so much!

I think now I get the point. The trick used in mssql05's set_key() is reserving space for salt at the tail of the buffer while doing the padding. But this trick is not applicable in episerver as its salt is stored in the front. Sadly I copied the code from mssql05 without fully understanding it, thus the bug.

Thanks again for your help!

Lei