Date: Fri, 31 Jul 2015 11:23:38 +0300
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: JtR on ARM (NEON)

On Fri, Jul 31, 2015 at 04:08:20PM +0800, Lei Zhang wrote:
> BTW, the ARM board I use has quite limited RAM. It's memory and filesystem share the same RAM, just like MIC. Last time I checked it, there's only ~260MB free memory. I don't know if this has something to do with the SIMD build's poor performance.

No, it shouldn't.

Meanwhile, I am able to power on and provide you with access to our
ZedBoard, if you like.  It's a fairly slow - dual-core at 667 MHz -
Cortex-A9.  Yet it should be suitable.  Let me know if you need it.

It has 512 MB RAM, and a filesystem on SD card (so separate from RAM,
and non-volatile).

Alexander