Date: Sun, 26 Jul 2015 14:01:35 +0300
From: Aleksey Cherepanov <lyosha@...nwall.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: ztex 1.15y boards, pre-development

Katja,

I tried your firmware: when I upload it, my board disappears from
`lsusb` and from `FWLoader -p -c`. I power cycle the board to get it
on lsusb again.

I got your code from
https://github.com/kmalvoni/ztex-experimental

I got ztex sdk here:
http://www.ztex.de/downloads/ztex-140813b.tar.bz2

I used bmp from ztex-bmp package in Debian. sdcc is from package too.

My commands:

ztex-experimental$ bmp -I ../ztex/include/ -c -l '//line %2 "%1"' ez_transfer_data.c -o t.c

ztex-experimental$ sdcc -mmcs51 --code-loc 0x0200 --code-size 0x3800 --xram-loc 0x3A00 --xram-size 0x600 --iram-size 256 --peep-file ../ztex/bin/peeph.def t.c -o t.ihx

ztex-experimental$ java -cp ../ztex/java/FWLoader/FWLoader.jar FWLoader -uu t.ihx
FWLoader hangs here. Once I tried to turn off power of the board
quickly after start of the command and I got the following:
Firmware upload time: 126 ms

I tried the commands on original intraffic example and firmware
uploads and works well, so I think the problem is not in my commands
(only). I used bmp from ztex-bmp package in Debian.

BTW did you try to connect the board through usb hub?

Thanks!

--
Regards,
Aleksey Cherepanov