Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2015 17:59:25 +0300
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Lei's weekly report #11

Lei,

On Mon, Jul 13, 2015 at 08:09:34PM +0800, Lei Zhang wrote:
> On Jul 12, 2015, at 11:24 PM, Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com> wrote:
> > Do you currently have access to a system with NEON?  What system?
>
> I just took a look at GCC Farm's machine list. Unfortunately all ARM machines are currently down for maintenance. So, no, I don't have access to a NEON system...

I have a board with NEON that I could bring online (again) - it's the
same ZedBoard that we've been using for Epiphany and Zynq FPGA work
before, but its two ARM cores are NEON-capable (in fact, I used it to
implement and test NEON in DES_bs_b.c in JtR).

However, it's inconvenient for me to do this now as I'd have to leave
the board unattended for a couple of weeks.

Can we reasonably adjust your schedule such that you'd approach NEON in
August, then?  Do you feel you have enough other work to do in the next
two weeks?

Please let me know today.

Thanks,

Alexander