Date: Mon, 06 Jul 2015 21:01:00 +0200
From: magnum <john.magnum@...hmail.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: PHC: Lyra2 on GPU

On 2015-07-06 11:40, Frank Dittrich wrote:
> On 07/06/2015 10:25 AM, Solar Designer wrote:
>> Yes, this makes sense to me.  Would we actually need to add this "int
>> self_test"?  The few formats that care would be able to count the
>> reset() calls on their own, perhaps with the counter reset on init().

I considered that but wasn't sure about all possible (future) uses of
reset(). But yes, it can wait until actually needed - if ever.

I will try implementing the rest and see how it turns out.

> Jumbo has --skip-self-tests, so I think it is needed.

Good point, but when self-tests are skipped it's done in a way that
doesn't change the general behavior. Current code in fmt_test():

	if (options.flags & FLG_NOTESTS) {
		fmt_init(format);
		dyna_salt_init(format);
		format->methods.reset(NULL);