Date: Sun, 5 Jul 2015 09:45:33 +0800
From: Kai Zhao <loverszhao@...il.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: more robustness

Hi Alexander,

> Thanks, here is the link:
>
> https://github.com/loverszhaokai/JohnTheRipper/tree/fuzz_option
>

> $ ./john --fuzz[=fuzz.dic] [--format=??]
>
> It will stop if bug is found.
>
> or
>
> $ ./fuzz_option.pl  /path/to/john  format-name
>
> The buggy formats will save in fuzz_option_err.log if there are bugs.

What do you think with this '--fuzz' ? Does it meat your idea ?

As Frank said, I think I also should add option '--dump' to reproduce
the bugs. --dump=[1,100] means dump from the 1 fuzzed case to the
100 fuzzed case to file. --fuzz will save the fuzzed case ID to file, and
when bugs are found, we can get the last ID. Then, use
--dump=[ID-10, ID] to save the latest fuzzed cases to reproduce.

Thanks,

Kai

Content of type "text/html" skipped