Date: Thu, 4 Jun 2015 17:02:06 -0400
From: Mathieu Laprise <mathlaprise@...il.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: [Johnny] Task 1.6.1 Multiple cracking session management

And in the thread about stdout/stdin Shinnok said :

> After some more thought, we do have to figure out and start working on a
> solution for both stdout and stdin. For the latter, if we take into
> consideration the concurrent cracking sessions feature, both of these:
> 1. kill process group on *nix for FORK case
> 2. ConsoleCtrlEvent CTRL_C_EVENT on Windows

Will fail dramatically by killing all spawned JtR attack sessions. So for
> the future, the ability to send q to a JtR session is critical, amongst
> other needs

I'm really confused, the first two messages from the proposal discussion
lead me to believe we always have only one instance of john running even
though we have multiple tabs, and the new message from the stdin/stdout
thread leads me to believe the opposite.

Content of type "text/html" skipped