Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2015 16:41:10 +0300
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Coding Style

On Tue, Jun 02, 2015 at 08:31:20PM +0800, Kai Zhao wrote:
> We have discussed about the coding style before, here is my conclusion:
>
> http://www.openwall.com/lists/john-dev/2015/04/14/2
>
> Is it ok? If not, could you give me some advice?

I think we should try the indent command you posted on some files in
jumbo and see what "breakage" it causes - in other words, while fixing
improper formatting does it also make formatting changes that we won't
like?  Also, I mostly agree with what Alexander Cherepanov wrote in:

http://www.openwall.com/lists/john-dev/2015/04/09/32

but it may be non-trivial to revise the code to meet stricter and more
consistent indentation rules as Alexander Cherepanov proposes yet avoid
getting insane indentation levels.  I think in many cases this will
require code refactoring rather than merely running indent.

Alexander