Date: Fri, 29 May 2015 14:13:48 -0400
From: Alain Espinosa <alainesp@...ta.cu>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: bitslice SHA-256

-------- Original message --------
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
Date:05/29/2015 12:32 AM (GMT-05:00)
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Cc: Alain Espinosa <alainesp@...ta.cu>
Subject: Re: [john-dev] bitslice SHA-256

...Alain, I think you might be the person who could pull this off, given
the additional advice and encouragement above. :-)

Hand-crafted AVX2 assembly code done for "normal" SHA256. Performance in a core i5-4670 3.4GHz, single thread:

- 23.7 millions keys per second. 87% faster than the bitslice one with AVX2 intrinsics.

I begin the hand-crafted assembler bitslice version, but was interrupted. Probably tonight I finish it and we will have a fair real performance comparison (not a theoretical one).

Regards,
Alain
Content of type "text/html" skipped