Date: Thu, 21 May 2015 15:07:10 -0400
From: Mathieu Laprise <mathlaprise@...il.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Johnny: 1.5.2 Hash type suggestion/guessing, using
 --show=types (was: displaying full meta information about hashes with --show=types)

I've completed 1.5.2 https://github.com/shinnok/johnny/pull/10 .I'll
continue testing it on more files, but you can proceed to the PR review for
integration when you have time.
Shinnok,

> 4. Subclass JohnProcess class from QRunnable. Implement the run() method
> to call start and do blocking wait. We'll end up with both ways of starting
> a john process(as a qrunnable and directly like we do now, thus we break
> nothing). I can help you with any trouble you will encounter, please reply
> to the other backend separation and threading e-mail on this list. If you
> need some threading and Qt material on the topic ask for it.

For point 4 and 5 of your last message, can you tell me if you still want
me to do that since the design I used for this task is a little bit
different ?

> 5. We need a way to keep track of the various john process we keep
> spawning. This gets us back to the backend separation discussion. For now
> we only need a simple class called TaskManager or TaskController. I'll
> write the basic stub for it, then Mathieu you can extend it further. We
> will use  QThreadPool and the start method. This pool automagically resizes
> and scales to available cores and cpus on a system, we don't even have to
> manage it, just queue stuff. This includes parsers like the show types,
> 2john's, the upcoming filtering code, and whatever we might devise along
> the road.

Content of type "text/html" skipped