Date: Wed, 20 May 2015 11:09:35 -0400
From: Mathieu Laprise <mathlaprise@...il.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Johnny: 1.5.2 Hash type suggestion/guessing, using
 --show=types (was: displaying full meta information about hashes with --show=types)

Aleksey,

Aleksey wrote:

> Files in PWDUMP format need special handling: per line list show only
> lm and nt, lm for 3rd field and nt for 4th field. IIRC Johnny shows lm
> and nt on separate lines. When you read the file with hashes, you may
> need to remember if line is in PWDUMP format. I am sure you'll find a
> way to connect everything correctly.

I tested Johnny behavior regarding PWDUMP file and the LM part is in the
"Hash" field and the NT field is in the GECOS.
For example :
Administrator:500:207277225E983B147AC464727886BD82:
90BBDB25BC6556610DAA4F03900FBE92:::

will appear in Johnny :
Login : Administrator
GECOS : 500:90BBDB25BC6556610DAA4F03900FBE92

I also dumped my own local hashes from windows 8.1 with Quarkspwdump and I
got similar results.

Is it what you meant by separate lines ? I thought "separate lines" meant
having two rows : 1. administrator, LM and 2. administrator NT so I want to
make sure this is not a bug.

Content of type "text/html" skipped