Date: Wed, 13 May 2015 08:18:49 -0500
From: Mathieu Laprise <mathlaprise@...il.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Multiple pwd files session management

Some stuff from an old thread :

Shinnok said:

> You sure? I'm thinking of just keeping a track of multiple .pot, .recs
> and input sources. Just the ability of switching between .recs and a last
> used history session menu with an option to clear that on demand. We can
> use QSettings further to keep track of this along with the current app
> settings.

Does it involve having  :
1) Modify password section to have tabs with all opened password files.
2) Modify behavior of resume attack and pause attack to have a drop down
list of all session and modify Johnny to handle that.
3) Modify Console log(since it's a QTextEdit), it'll output everywhere, so
it can't separate messages for each sessions.
And off course, logic to handle this.

I'm thinking about this right now because this will involve important
changes in the current design and code. It might be a big task. Since some
todos are related to settings, sessions or methods that will become more
generic etc.., I guess it would be a waste of time to do it in a way now
that would'nt be compatible with our vision of the future. So, I'm trying
to understand our future vision to avoid having a incompatible design.

Content of type "text/html" skipped