Date: Fri, 01 May 2015 18:44:40 +0200
From: magnum <john.magnum@...hmail.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: [Johnny] Task 1.4.2 fork and OpenMP

On 2015-05-01 09:24, Shinnok wrote:

>> On Apr 30, 2015, at 9:24 PM, Mathieu Laprise <mathlaprise@...il.com> wrote:
>>
>> If we choose the JtR forward sigterm/sigint to its children path, here is the code needed. I'm not sure how to submit changes to Solar's cvs repo of core john. So I put diff in this website for you to see: left is original, right is the new one.
>> https://www.diffchecker.com/vhuw1xgn <https://www.diffchecker.com/vhuw1xgn>
>>
>> I tested it and it works with Johnny(forkOpenMP branch) or the "top" command. However, I'm not a john pro like you guys so I don't know if it could have side effects on john that I didn't think of.
>>

> You should use Magnum's Github repo for this.
>
> https://github.com/magnumripper/JohnTheRipper/tree/master <https://github.com/magnumripper/JohnTheRipper/tree/master>
>
> * Master branch is core john.
> * bleeding-jumbo branch is jumbo.
>
> Magnum, I guess core is updated often enough (last CVS import is from Mar 16 which suggests towards that)?

Yes I merge stuff as soon as I get to know of anything added to CVS.
However, as I just commented to Mathieu's PR, my "master" branch is a
one-way mirror of Solar's CVS. You can't use it to get code into core John.

If Solar accepts this patch and pushes it to CVS, it will soon land in
Jumbo too. BTW we're also waiting for core AVX2 patches but Solar hasn't
had the time.

magnum