Date: Sat, 25 Apr 2015 20:41:54 +0200
From: Agnieszka Bielec <bielecagnieszka8@...il.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: [GSoC] John the Ripper support for PHC finalists

> if we managed to move some of the
> processing (that is key specific but not salt specific) out of the
> actual hash function and into set_key().  If much processing could be
> moved like that, it'd indicate a weakness of the PHC finalist.  None of
> them should have design errors allowing for that.  So my question is:
> are the "many salts" vs. "only one salt" benchmark results significantly
> different for any cost settings on any devices currently (and can you
> please post specific numbers)?  If so, this may need to be investigated.

on well with AVX2 I receive results:

a@...l:~/jtr2/run$ ./john --test --format=pomelo --cost=0:0,0:0
Will run 8 OpenMP threads
Benchmarking: POMELO, Generic pomelo [AVX2]... (8xOMP) DONE
Speed for cost 1 (N) of 0, cost 2 (r) of 0
Many salts:     1704K c/s real, 213274 c/s virtual
Only one salt:  1055K c/s real, 132053 c/s virtual

the difference is biggest for 0,0 costs also for 2,0 and 0,2 is a
difference of 24% and 17%
at this moment I don't know why this happens