Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2015 16:25:25 +0300
From: Shinnok <admin@...nnok.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: [Johnny] UI Designer file obsolete hints

Hi,

I've proceeded to cleaning and updating the mainwindow.ui designer file to conform with the latest Qt Designer tool.

There were some previous artifacts of development and design commented by Aleksey by hand in the xml file. I'm collecting them here for archival and discussion reasons:
* The Benchmarking page button (a potential future task)
* Console log page button (still relevant, see task 1.4.4)
* Edit John's configuration file - or at least open external desktop editor via QDesktopServices (nice to have, how hard would it be for Johnny to find out the in use JtR .conf?)
* Update formats list via JtR button (automatically update the formats list, at least with jumbo we can do that via the capabilities list arg, Aleksey currently we use the Perl script for core right?)
* Make charset button (needs dissemination)
* JohnStatus button in Output pane (was meant to get status of a running JtR instance on demand?)
* Log page button (inspect John .log)
* Session relevant buttons(load, save, new)

Aleksey, anything I might have missed?

Mathieu, your translation pull request will diff much nicer when you rebase on the updated master in that regard.

Shinnok