Date: Sat, 18 Apr 2015 16:36:25 +0300
From: Aleksey Cherepanov <aleksey.4erepanov@...il.com>
To: Shinnok <admin@...nnok.com>
Cc: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: [RFC] Johnny further development proposal

Hi Shinnok,

On Sun, Apr 05, 2015 at 01:19:19PM +0300, Aleksey Cherepanov wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 26, 2015 at 05:09:21PM +0200, Shinnok wrote:
> > http://openwall.info/wiki/john/johnny-roadmap
>
> I have some comments:

More comments:

Do you plan automated tests?

It may be helpful to mark all points of the roadmap with complexity
estimation including marks about obviousness of solution. Well, maybe
it would be better to write possibilities right there with estimation
of maturity.

BTW "1.7 #1. Export to CSV and columnated txt." is done through
clipboard to a tabulated text (though the table breaks if any password
contains a tab). Also I did not test on very huge tables.

Also I'd like settings "subsystem" to be redesigned to make it more
structured because now a single new setting needs changes in several
places.

Thanks!

--
Regards,