Date: Thu, 9 Apr 2015 11:13:07 +0800
From: Lei Zhang <zhanglei.april@...il.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: New SIMD generations, code layout

> On Apr 9, 2015, at 3:22 AM, magnum <john.magnum@...hmail.com> wrote:
>
> I now have all formats running fine under AVX2 except md5crypt (I have
> asked Bartavelle for help - I can't tell what is hard-coded widths in
> disguise and what isn't), Oracle11 (probably some easy fix) and Dynamic
> (including thin dynamic formats) which is totally busted - I'll leave it
> for Jim to finish.
>
> BTW to avoid dynamic's segfaults you can test all formats except dynamic
> like this:
>
> ../run/john --test --form:cpu-dynamic

Tested on MIC: 9 out of 188 tests have FAILED.
They are:
	aix-ssha512
	cloudkeychain
	sha256crypt
	sha512crypt
	net-md5
	net-sha1
	PBKDF2-HMAC-SHA512
	tc_aes_xts
	tc_sha512

Out of curiosity, I also tested the latest code on well.openwall.net <http://well.openwall.net/> (AVX2). Only net-md5 and net-sha1 failed the tests (excluding dynamic formats). Magnum, you said that only md5crypt and oracle11 failed, which differs from my observation. I'm a bit confused now.

Anyway, I'll investigate those failures on MIC.

Lei

Content of type "text/html" skipped