Date: Wed, 8 Apr 2015 10:09:44 +0800
From: Kai Zhao <loverszhao@...il.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Coding Style

> I was more afraid of string that currently allow easy grepping, but
> wouldn't if you break these strings in the wrong position.

Yes, 'Kernel style' also requires that "never break user-visible strings
such as
printk messages". Below is the related description of 'Kernel style'.

Statements longer than 80 columns will be broken into sensible chunks,
unless exceeding 80 columns significantly increases readability and does not
hide information. Descendants are always substantially shorter than the
parent and are placed substantially to the right. The same applies to
function
headers with a long argument list.

However, never break user-visible strings such as printk messages, because
that breaks the ability to grep for them.