Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2015 21:14:06 +0300
From: Alexander Cherepanov <ch3root@...nwall.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Ideas for the robustness gsoc task

On 2015-03-25 13:31, Kai Zhao wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 25, 2015 at 4:52 PM, Alexander Cherepanov <ch3root@...nwall.com>
> wrote:
>
>> On 2015-03-25 10:27, Kai Zhao wrote:
>>
>> Your message is sent as a reply to wrong email. Please keep threading
>> right.
>>
>>   - List sources of input data and classify its trustworthiness (discuss in
>>>
> Sorry sir,

You don't have be that formal. I think using names is fine both in
john-dev and in the correspondence regarding gsoc.

> could you tell me why "your message is sent as a reply to wrong
> email" ? I looked around, but can not find where I am wrong.

When you reply to a message your email carries (in the In-Reply-To
field) an identifier of that message (Message-Id). This permits to build
a tree of messages in a discussion (thread). You can see this particular
thread here:

http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.security.openwall.john.devel/10966

In your message
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.security.openwall.john.devel/10976
you reply to my message
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.security.openwall.john.devel/10972
but it's shown a reply to my other message
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.security.openwall.john.devel/10975 .

--
Alexander Cherepanov