Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2015 07:28:21 -1000
From: Agnieszka Bielec <bielecagnieszka8@...il.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: [GSoC] John the Ripper support for PHC finalists

Mon, 30 Mar 2015 10:24:45 +0300, Solar Designer
>More importantly, though, please let us know which JtR source files you
>used as templates for your format, both host and OpenCL.  At first
>glance, it looks like you used a fast hash's one, with hacks that are
>unlikely to be of much relevance to slow hashes such as PHC's (when
>invoked with reasonable settings).

opencl_pomelo_fmt_plug.c : "Based on opencl_mysqlsha1_fmt_plug.c".
Sorry I didn't know that there are different formats

On 2015-03-30, magnum wrote:
>On 2015-03-30 01:56, Agnieszka Bielec wrote:
>> Is it possible to change 'count' variable which is passed to crypt_all,
>> after the execution of opencl_ini_auto_setup() ?

>Yes, well, cracker.c will use format->params.max_keys_per_crypt so if
>you change that, it will affect "count". But I'm not sure what you are
>aiming at.

Mon, 30 Mar 2015 10:24:45 +0300, Solar Designer
>> Curently the max m_cost in pomelo is 4 and I would like to get rid
>> of this limit

>Where does this limit come from?

Mon, 30 Mar 2015 10:24:45 +0300, Solar Designer
> Is it possible to change 'count' variable which is passed to crypt_all,
> after the execution of opencl_ini_auto_setup() ?

magnum is right - first please describe the problem and how you're
trying to solve it by this.

It's because pomelo is parametrized by m_cost (memmory cost) (and also
by t_cost which is less important)
the size of needed memory in bytes is: 1 << (13 + m_cost) which
is very much. I can't allocate as much memory in the __kernel function
so my funcion gets and makes computations on a __global buffor.
There is a problem with this because I'm allocating memory only once after
the tests but fmt_tests theoretically holds different pomelo hashes
parametrized by different m_cost. Here I have 2 problems with this.
1.We need different sizes of buffor needed by a single __kernel function
execution. I can assume that in the file we have all hashes with
the same m_cost but there is still a second problem.
2.after assumtion that in the file all hashes have this same m_cost
parameter, fmt_tests doesn't holds hashes with the same m_cost.
after opencl_init_auto_setup and autotune_run we know how much
memory is the better solution

hmmmmmmmm...... I think that I can generate fmt_tests for
the tuning but this will be ugly. I must replace fmt_tests
in the self variable passed to init function.
In this moment I assume that real tests and tuning tests
are executed separately (I hope so)

Sorry, I have not read everything because I don't have many time
today

Thanks

Content of type "text/html" skipped