Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2015 17:27:45 +0800
From: Lei Zhang <zhanglei.april@...il.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: [GSoC] building JtR for MIC

Hi,

I tweaked with OMP_SCALE in several formats, according to magnum's advices, and their memory usage on MIC is much more reasonable now. With OpenMP enabled, john-jumbo won't abort anymore when running the benchmark, although 126 of the tests still FAILED.

Next I want to figure out how those tests failed, but I have a few questions first: (forgive me if they look stupid...)
1. What exactly does it mean for a format to FAIL the test?
2. There're two kind of numbers in the output, real and virtual. What's their difference?

Thanks,
Lei