Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2015 23:43:37 +0800
From: Kai Zhao <loverszhao@...il.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Advice on proposal: John the Ripper jumbo robustness

Hi there, below is the link of my proposal on the project: John the Ripper
jumbo robustness
improvements

http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/proposal/public/google/gsoc2015/zhaokai/5629499534213120

Abstract: This project aims at improving the robustness of John the Ripper
jumbo, especially
faced with invalid input. There are mainly two approaches, one through
fuzzing, and the other
through source code review. By fuzzing, American Fuzzy Lop(AFL) can be
customized and
integrated with John the Ripper jumbo. By source code review, manual
reviews and automated
static analysis such as valgrind, cppcheck and ClangStatic Analyzer can be
used.

I would appreciate it if you can give me some advice on this proposal.

Thank you very much for your time!

Kai

Content of type "text/html" skipped