Date: Sun, 15 Mar 2015 07:12:42 +0800
From: Kai Zhao <loverszhao@...il.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Extend AFL to fuzz as you want

> Perhaps you can use peach itself for it?

I failed to use peach in ubuntu, I tried both peach-2.3.8(python) and
peach-3.0.2
(C#, mono in ubuntu)

> Have you looked why it's slow? Perhaps you can comment some other things
out?
> As an extreme example, you can extract (some) valid() function and run
them standalone
> (with a minimal wrapper).

Thank you for your advice, and I will try it. I found the project fwknop
bypass the hash
functions just as you said.

> But XML is not very convenient for a human to work with. I thought about
something like
> "$siemens-s7$1$%40h$%40h" or "$siemens-s7$%d$%40h$%40h"

XML is sure not convenient but it is powerful, and the
"$siemens-s7$1$%40h$%40h"
is handy
for user. I think I can support the both format and it depends on the user
to use which. Is that OK?

Thanks,

Kai

Content of type "text/html" skipped