Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2015 08:57:41 +0800
From: Lei Zhang <zhanglei.april@...il.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: [GSoC] building JtR for MIC

You're right about the syntax, but that's not my point.

I mean that when you're configuring for a x86 machine, you don't have to add those flags (“-lssl -lcrypto”) manually, since they'll be added into Makefile automatically by the autoconf scripts.

But when I configure for MIC, those flags just disappear in Makefile so I have to add them by myself. I think there's something wrong with the autoconf scripts, and I'm still trying to fix that.

Lei

> On Mar 13, 2015, at 2:43 AM, magnum <john.magnum@...hmail.com> wrote:
>
> On 2015-03-12 12:27, jfoug@....net <mailto:jfoug@....net> wrote:
>>
>> ---- Lei Zhang <zhanglei.april@...il.com> wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I’ve posted a pull request on GitHub with the changes I made and a new README file.
>>>
>>> There’re two minor issues:
>>> 1. I made two patches which is used to build GMP and OpenSSL on MIC. I don’t know where to put them, and now I temporarily put them under john/src/unused. Maybe you have some better solutions.
>>>
>>> 2. There is a variable ‘OPENSSL_LIBS’ which is supposed to be bound to “-lssl -lcrypto” in the configure script. But when targeting MIC, it’s bound to an empty string, and those linker flags are not added into Makefile. I have to add them to LDFLAGS manually, like this:
>>> 	$ LDFLAGS=“-lssl -lcrypto” ./configure
>>> I haven’t figure out how to resolve this yet.
>
> This is how it's supposed to work:
>
> ./configure OPENSSL_LIBS=“-lssl -lcrypto” -disable-native-tests (...)
>
> Doesn't it?
>
> magnum

Content of type "text/html" skipped