Date: Sun, 08 Mar 2015 02:33:23 +0100
From: magnum <john.magnum@...hmail.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: format method spec.

Solar,

We just noticed a problem which stems from the following (line numbers
here are from john proper) in crk_salt_loop()

   331          crk_methods.clear_keys();
   332
   333          if (ext_abort)
   334                  event_abort = 1;
   335
   336          if (ext_status && !event_abort) {
   337                  ext_status = 0;
   338                  event_status = 0;
   339                  status_print();
   340          }

The problem is we call clear_keys() and after that we call get_key() via
status_print(). The bleeding-edge mssql12 format currently crashes when
this happens.

I can easily fix this in mssql12's get_key() but I thought I should
bring it up here first. Are we supposed to be able to call get_key()
after a call to clear_keys()? I have no problem with that but then we
should document it: Current spec in formats.h says keys are undefined
after a call to clear_keys().

magnum