Date: Fri, 6 Mar 2015 18:04:51 +0800
From: Kai Zhao <loverszhao@...il.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Generic crypt(3)

Hi Albert, I guess you may misunderstand the fuzz testing. Fuzz testing
mainly to find bugs with
invalid inputs, not to ensure the result is correct.

The description of project "John the Ripper jumbo robustness improvements"
as follows:

  how jumbo may misbehave on specific invalid inputs - e.g., dereference a
NULL pointer or
  incur an integer overflow or simply load an impossible hash encoding for
cracking instead
  of rejecting it right away.

from: http://openwall.info/wiki/ideas

Content of type "text/html" skipped